Last weekend Lauren and I spent the weekend in London for our 4th anniversary, at a concert with our favorite band // twenty øne piløts. They absolutely KILLED it, as always. It’s so great to follow a band for so long, watching them grow and gaining so much support along the way. This breakfast is great before a big night out.
Avocado is one of my favorite fruits and is super nutritious! I’ve added one my of favorite food pairings, tomato and basil, to create this mouthwatering smashed avocado breakfast.
- 2 ripe avocados, cut into 2cm chunks
- A handful fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Dried oregano
- 100g cherry tomatoes on vine
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
- Roast tomatoes in a baking tray for 10 minutes with a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle of dried oregano.
- Put a pan of water on to boil, with a few glugs of white wine vinegar.
- Grab a bowl, throw in the avocado, basil, 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, lime juice – smash with a fork and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Whisk eggs and milk together with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the bread into the eggy mixture, turning over making sure the bread is covered.
- Heat ½ a tablespoon olive oil in a frying pan on high heat and fry until golden.
- Meanwhile, poach eggs in water for 2-3 minutes until cooked but still soft.
- Spoon avocado mixture onto eggy sourdough toast and serve with poached eggs and tomatoes.